Midnight: Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Asmeriath stopped short of me and looked down after he reared up on his hind quarters to gaze at me. I looked up at him and waited patiently for instruction.

"Well let us start with some basics," said the Dragon.

"Okay," I was very unsure what he meant by basics. I was pretty sure he was grinning at me with his eye. A little like he knew that I would not like his "basics" lessons.

"For us to know how to fight we will need to start with the physical aspect of everything," began the Draconian instructions, "to be able to defend oneself and to be able to do any magick, takes some physical aspects. When we learn to fight we will have to defend ourselves and fight back as well, what better way to do it then be able to do both."

Now I knew why he was smiling a little at me, because I was about to do some physical crap that I so did not want to do. I hated P.E.

"Okay....." I said reluctantly.

"So your telling me I get to climb trees, run in one spot, carry rocks on my shoulders, do lifts, things like that."

The Dragon boomed with laughter and began to basically roll on the ground in his merriment. I was so not amused and raised an eyebrow at him.

"I knew you were the one," said the Dragon between his merriment.

"I don't think that is the least bit funny I never liked gym class let alone anything like that. I mean I have taken some self defense classes, but nothing like a zen guru type deal." I said shaking my head and smiling a little.

"Well, Daniel, you have to start somewhere, and as you know with magick you have to have some endurance to use it. This will increase your endurance and be able to use magick as a weapon and defense at the same time."

"Okay, I get that. Well in that case I might as well suck it up and do it considering the dire consequences of what is at stake. Besides I think I will do pretty good." I said pretending to box.

The Dragon just shook his head at me and laughed a little more.

I moved up to the tree and grabbed my staff and held it at a defensive stance.

"Hows that," I asked.

"That is good, but first I want us to meditate and prepare our bodies first," said the Dragon.

"Oh, right," I said, laying the staff up against the tree.

I then sat down and crossed my legs and laid my back against the tree. I knew how to do meditation. I have to do it all the time to prepare anything for my Casting. I opened one eye to look at my Guardian. He had his eyes shut as well and was breathing steady, it looked like he was already in a meditative state.

I sighed and closed my eye back and began to feel my breathing. Preparing my body to go into a trance state to relax all muscles and my mind.

Breathe in.
Breathe out.
Breath in.
Breathe out.

I began to get into a rhythm of breathing. I concentrated on that rhythm. Guiding my body towards it. this was the first step towards any type of meditation. Your breathing allows you to get yourself in a rhythm that can lead you to a state of peace.

I felt my mind start to clear then after I kept up the breathing. Moving towards that peaceful state. It was just shear bliss. I guided my mind into a beautiful glade that had a waterfall at the end. Crashing water into a pond that ran into a creek on down the way. Blazing sunlight beaming in through the treetops to shine on the water. Beautiful wet spray hitting my face. Sighing with utter bliss. This was my peaceful state. What I can see in my minds' eye. This was a little peace of heaven.

I gazed at the beautiful glade and waterfall and rushed onward towards it. Taking all clothing off and standing naked before the shower of water. Arms spread eagle feeling the breeze through the trees hitting my face. Caressing my naked body. I was peaceful.

This was my spot. Nothing can disturb me here. Nothing. And so began my meditation. What happened next was a little different.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tarot Spreads for Personal Growth

Raw

That One Dream Ritual