Midnight Chapter 7

Me and Midnight soared through the air, hitting the thermals and gliding along towards whatever next destination we could find to be safe. We had to move away from a storm, so we decided to set down before it became to bad. The wind started to blow in gusts of updrafts, causing Midnight to have to adjust.

We set down in the Ravine. A small waterfall nearby surrounded with cave walls. I noticed how beautiful it was to sit there and gaze at the rainbow reflection of water. It was truly a magnificent sight. I looked out around us and there was a path leading left and right back up the Ravine. It had a ledge above us stretching over to seemingly hold us in its strong earthen arms. It had a sense of peace and protection about it, I got up and started a small fire with some dry twigs that were guarded by the overhang. It sparked to life when I struck the two rocks together I could find to get it started.

The waterfall was small and trickled down filling the small basin. We sat next to the fire that was on the ledge of rocks underneath raised slightly from the water. I looked out thinking of the last 75 hours of my life. I went from retail manager to Master Witch in that time. Finding a new world basically, and meeting a Dragon from the very Ancient World. Never did I image all of this could have been possible for me. I mean I knew that there were magickal creatures all over, but never in a different world.

I had to crane my neck a little to look at the stars. None of them even remotely looked familiar. I looked at Midnight, with his eyes closed, and knew I was safe. I was terrified but not as much as I thought I would be.

"Guess I'm just stubborn", I said out load to myself.

I sat back a little from the fire and relaxed. I looked at the rock formations and its layers of colorful beauty. There were deep reds, oranges, brownish tinges and deep moss colored rocks all around. They were all so beautiful. I noticed that the Ravine had all kinds of different stones and shiny earthen objects. I could hear the life of night. I knew I should go to bed, but something said I should go to where the waterfall was I look at the stones that were around the small little pond from the drizzling waterfall. I get up quietly as to not disturb Midnight in his sleep. He really did deserve some rest for all that he had to do against a Demon.

I move to the right side, noticing something gleaming in the water around the pool. I made it to the edge and looked in and noticed a beautiful lapis sparkling up at me. It seemed to glow and radiant warmth from the very water. It didn't even remotely evaporate the water, but it seemed warmer over here. Not just physically, but mentally. It seemed to hum and love the water. I went to the lapis and stuck my hand in the water and pulled it out from the gravel.

It seemed like it knew me and I knew it. The crystal was hand length and felt light and soft. It seemed to pulsate in my hand making me feel at peace and stronger in every aspect. It was a wonderful feeling. It even gave off a pale blue light almost. I look at it more and feeling like it chose me to handle it. I take the lapis lazuli and put it in my pocket. I knew this lapis was instantly mine.

I go back to our makeshift campsite and sit down. I pull out my new crystal again, still glowing slightly, and knew that this was mine. It was like an old memory. I look at it feeling at peace and a little more confident with myself. I knew this was a good thing.

I lay down on the flat, warm rock. I close my eyes and dream. Dream of my new life and what I needed to do to help this world and mine from impending doom. It was the best sleep I had in months!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tarot Spreads for Personal Growth

Raw

That One Dream Ritual