An Old Poem

A Grown Up
By: Sean

What do I want to be when I grow up?
That’s the question I’ve been asking myself.
What will I be?
We just go through life doing what we want to do,
But most times feeling nothing but the responsibilities of it.
We just never learn to not grow up and just be ourselves
Loving, caring, gentle all in one.

What do I want to be when I grow up?
I want to be a bus driver.
I want to be a doctor and save lives
I want to be a radiologist
I want to be a writer and spark imaginations
But the world is never like that.
That’s why we grow up not knowing how to fulfill our dreams

Your grandparents want you to be this
While your aunts and uncles want you to be this
And your parents wanting you to be that
Through it all just growing up to be just this and that.

Be yourself
That’s what everyone tells you to do
Just be yourself.
Be a rock star
Be a magician
Be a poet
Be a writer

What do I want to be when I grow up?
I want to be a kid
I want to be just me
Not something fluent in this language or that.
Not something with millions of dollars.
Not something that someone tells me I am to be
When I grow up I’m going to be me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tarot Spreads for Personal Growth

Raw

That One Dream Ritual